God honors mothers, because He loves families. He loves families so much He makes it a point to put the lonely in families. He adopts us into His own family. He draws women close to Him through their role as mothers, revealing His love for us as they delight in their kiddos. It’s no surprise there are some great Bible verses about mothers.
Mom, you are amazing. The way you juggle it all is masterful. Your kisses magically heal boo-boos, and your loving guidance turns baby birds into confident fliers. You clean up spilled milk, chaperone school dances, help with homework, interview babysitters, cut the crusts off sandwiches, change countless diapers, sing lullabies, clean puke out of car seats, comfort broken hearts, and dole out band-aids like they’re going out of style! You know your job is often thankless, yet somehow also incredibly rewarding.
The task of raising children can be overwhelming and even painful, but God offers us instruction and encouragement to help equip us. Here’s what the Bible says about you and your family in these beautiful Bible verses about mothers. Well, they might not all be strictly about mothers, but they remind us of you, mothers.
6 Bible Verses That Make Us Think About Our Mothers!
- You love to tell your kids the good news of Jesus. And we won’t forget what you taught us.
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6 NIV
- You model spiritual discipline and God’s love for your kiddos. When we think of someone who loves us no matter what, so many of us think of you first, Mom. You shine so brightly and set such a beautiful example for us to follow. We might not always say it, but we see you, Mom.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16 NIV
- We know how much you love us. We know you’ve always wanted what’s best for us, not for us to be the best. But thank you for pushing us to stay on the right track, Mom.
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4 NIV
- Your hard work makes your home a haven for your family. Thank you for taking such good care of us. You’re busy, but you always make time for us.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:27 NIV
- You help our family bond with each other and with God. You teach us how to celebrate everything! (Take it away, Pinterest!)
There, in the presence of the Lᴏʀᴅ your God, you and your families shall eat and rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lᴏʀᴅ your God has blessed you. Deuteronomy 12:7 NIV
- You teach us how to choose to focus on what’s right, what’s good, and what’s lovely about ourselves and others. This verse is definitely for you, Mom.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8 NIV
Thank you for being such a beautiful and encouraging part of our family, Mom. We thank God for Mothers!