Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I have this new version of Amazing Grace on repeat this week.
I’ll tell you a few reasons why real quick and then you should just press play if you haven’t already. While you’re at it, download the free song too.
- It is God’s grace that saves me from the worst in life. From anger, fear, addiction, pride, false success, and empty living.
- Because yes, Jesus died a horrendously powerful death.
- And because of the way Jesus defeats the death in me, I can’t help but believe He left that tomb when He made new life, full life, available to every wretch like me.
- It’s God’s grace that saved me and it’s His grace that grows me. Not striving, not talent, not personality, not birth origin. His grace. That’s a sweet sound to my ears.
- This new version of the old hymn has a hook that just won’t leave my brain, and that’s a good thing.
To borrow lyrics from this new version inspired by the John Newton original, “Oh death, where are you? Where is your sting?”
So take a few minutes today. Listen. Sing. Hum along. Think about His grace in your life. Thank Him for it while you’re at it. We’ve no less days to sing His praise than when we first began.